Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elf Tweeduizend...Geen Ruis Stront


=============================================================

The waves from this past year have been exceedingly numerous and without respite. It's a good thing not to be able to think about each one too long and just enjoy the initial feelings without getting too romantic or academic. And then repeat that ad nauseam. I've been genuinely haunted by a few of these, and I enjoy that. Others have put me right where I want to be when I'm needing to crane my legs, stir up some bunny hops and boogie down with an authentic inspiration.  OK, I'm going to do this piece by piece, but not to keep anyone guessing or on the edge of their seats (all like 3 of you), but because I'd rather not spend 3 hours behind the computer screen doing this all in one pass. Here's my list from this year, starting with 40-31 of my top 40 of 2011. I'll also add some favorite reissues at some point. I'll try to add some sound samples later as well, but this is all I can muster for this evening. Enjoy!

Oh, and please feel free to contribute your favorites from 2011 as well.
El WoTom

=============================================================

40. Alvarius B. – Baroque Primitiva (Poon Village)


39. Temporal Marauder – Temporal Marauder Makes You Feel (Spectrum Spools)


38. Devin Gary and Ross – Four Corners (Arbitrary Signs)


37. V/A – Pacific Support (Draft)


36. Loren Connors – Red Mars (Family Vineyard)


35. James Hoff – How Wheeling Feels When The Ground Walks Away (PAN)


34. Peterlicker – Nicht (Emego)


33. U.S. Girls – U.S. Girls On Kraak (Kraak)


32. Kites / Rodger Stella – Interior Moon (Mutter Wild)


31. Angus Maclise/Tony Conrad/Jack Smith – Dreamweapon I (Boo-Hooray)

No comments:

Post a Comment